My research main goal is to better understand electrophysiological properties and mechanisms
underlying cardiac arrhythmias in human heart.
I am currently working on the following projects:
1. Targeting Intracellular Calcium Leak for Ventricular Arrhythmia
Prevention in Structural Heart Disease
This project focuses on testing the role of RyR2 hyperactivity for ventricular arrhythmias in ex
vivo human heart.
2. Transmural Dyssynchrony and Arrhythmia Vulnerability in the
Human Right Ventricle Outflow Tract (RVOT).
This project focuses on characterizing the electrophysiological profile of human RVOT and
arrhythmia dynamics within this region.
3. Potassium Channels Contribution and Modulation of Normal and
Aberrant Cardiac Repolarization heterogeneity in Human Heart
This project aims to acutely and chronically investigate the potential regulatory and/or
modulatory role of key cardiac potassium channels during normal (healthy heart) and abnormal
(diseased hearts) repolarization.
4. Cardiac Organotypic slices: An Experimental Pipelines for Drugs
Screening and Testing in Human Cardiac Slice
This project aims to establish a robust platform for preclinical screening and testing of
Department of Biomedical Engineering
The George Washington University
Science and Engineering Hall, Rm 5100
800 22nd Street NW
Washington DC, 20052
- Christine Grauby-Heywang, Fabien Moroté, Marion Mathelié-Guinlet, Ibtissem Gammoudi, Ndeye Rokhaya Faye, Touria Cohen-Bouhacina. Influence of oxidized lipids on palmitoyl-oleoyl-phosphatidylcholine organization, contribution of Langmuir monolayers and Langmuir–Blodgett films. Chemistry and Physics of Lipids. 2016; 200: 74- 82
- Ndeye Rokhaya Faye, Fabien Moroté, Christine Grauby-Heywang, Touria Cohen-Bouhacina. Oxydation of Langmuir-Blodgett films of monounsaturated lipids studied by Atomic Force Microscopy. Int. J. Nanotechnology. International Journal of Biological, Biomolecular, Agricultural, Food and Biotechnological Engineering, 2013; 7 (6):441-448
- Ibtissem Gammoudi, Ndeye Rokhaya Faye, Fabien Moroté, Daniel Moynet, Christine Grauby Heywang, and Touria Cohen Bouhacina. Characterization of Silica Nanoparticles in Interaction with Escherichia coli Bacteria. International Journal of Biological, Biomolecular, Agricultural, Food and Biotechnological Engineering, 2013; 10 (5):607-613
- Tarl W Prow, Jeffrey E Grice, Lynlee L Lin, Rokhaya Faye, Margaret Butler, Wolfgang Becker, Elisabeth M T Wurm, Corinne Yoong, Thomas A Robertson, H Peter Soyer, Michael S Roberts. Nanoparticles and microparticles for skin drug delivery. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews. 2011; 63 (6):470-91.
- Ndeye Rokhaya Faye, Richard Walton, Philippe Pasdois, Sushmitha Raja, Alan Urban, Gihad Dargazanli, Olivier Bernus. Novel voltage-sensitive dyes to assess cardiac action potential properties. Heart and Circulatory Physiology, American Journal of Physiology (2017) in progress